Very thought provoking article on marketing: American Express CMO Jon Hayes explains that marketers win not by having best technology or knowing how to talk to consumers the best. He says marketers win when they’re able to best interpret changes in technology to figure out how best to use it. And interpreting changes in society to figure out how to tailor the message to consumers. Like its not about the ads themselves. It’s about figuring out the value of how to use the technology for marketing purposes. And how to custom fit the new process for each individual business. For instance, it’s key to understand with banner ads, the value is not in getting the clicks to produce immediate phone calls. The value is in branding in the area your potential customers are in.
Marketers Win By Interpreting Change
- 2 search engines that could surpass Google in the next 3-5 years
- Call tracking can help improve customer support
- Most cryptos will fail. Here’s the type of cryptos that will succeed.
- Blockchain Will Help Collectors Track The Origin Of Assets
- You Can Now Do Pay Per Click Ads On Walmart.com & Bestbuy.com